A great way for your tech savvy guests to see information about your wedding is through a wedding website. It’s really the best and most cost-effective way to rely information to your wedding guests.
Here is a list of information to place on your website:
- Date, time and place for your ceremony and reception
- Parking information
- Provide a link about the weather, in the area you are getting married in
- Suggestions for attire (black-tie attire, cocktail attire, casual attire)
- Mini program for the weekend or for the wedding day
- List of nearby hotels(include prices, rates, descriptions, and maps, as well as toll-free phone numbers and fax numbers; if you’ve booked a block of rooms for a discounted rate, note what name and rate the guests should ask for). If your hotels have their own websites, consider providing links on your page.
- Information on airlines offering reduced fares to your destination and links to the airlines’ websites
- Information about the town where you will be getting married, along with suggestions of activities for out-of-town guests, including good restaurants, museums, walking trails, and so on. Here too, if the city or certain attractions in town maintain their own websites, you might want to provide a link on your page.
- Pictures of yourselves as children and teenagers
- A short story of how you met, how he proposed, and the like
- Pictures and mini profiles of your attendants and relatives, to help guests know who’s who
- A list of stores where you’re registered and links to the stores’ websites
- A paragraph about and/or picture of where you’re going for your honeymoon
- Anything else you think might be fun and helpful for your guests
- Focus on providing helpful information rather than including elaborate graphics that will take a long time to download, especially for those whose computers may be slower than yours. 🙂
Here are some sites you can go to create a Free wedding website/blog. They offer you a variety of templates to choose from:
Here is where you can go to make a custom wedding website:
Here is one I created for a past client using “Show it”:
*Don’t forget to include your website link on your Save the Dates